How has it been 5 years already?
Five beautiful years.
Stressful years.
Loving years.
Trying years.
Faithful years.
Maddening years.
Amazing years.
Five years went by like a blink of an eye. I can't believe 5 years ago today we were worrying about what to wear when we were going to break George out from his orphanage. We were stressed about if he was going to be happy to see us, or even remember us. All trivial, but at the time, all encompassing. It feels like just a few months ago...not years.
The past five years have been hard. Very hard. Some days I just want to bang my head into a wall, scream into a pillow, or runaway.
The past five years have been amazing. So Amazing! Hearing an unprompted, "I love you Mama," or a receiving an unexpected hug. Watching them achieve things that you really weren't sure if they were going to be possible.
Adoption is hard. Adopting older children is hard. Adopting special needs children is hard. Adoption is hard, but oh so worth it. When I look at them and see the people they are becoming it makes every stress, every appointment, every worry absolutely worth it. I'd give up everything and do it all over again.
I don't know what to say, except...I can't believe it's been five years...
Five beautiful years.
Stressful years.
Loving years.
Trying years.
Faithful years.
Maddening years.
Amazing years.
Five years went by like a blink of an eye. I can't believe 5 years ago today we were worrying about what to wear when we were going to break George out from his orphanage. We were stressed about if he was going to be happy to see us, or even remember us. All trivial, but at the time, all encompassing. It feels like just a few months ago...not years.
The past five years have been hard. Very hard. Some days I just want to bang my head into a wall, scream into a pillow, or runaway.
The past five years have been amazing. So Amazing! Hearing an unprompted, "I love you Mama," or a receiving an unexpected hug. Watching them achieve things that you really weren't sure if they were going to be possible.
Adoption is hard. Adopting older children is hard. Adopting special needs children is hard. Adoption is hard, but oh so worth it. When I look at them and see the people they are becoming it makes every stress, every appointment, every worry absolutely worth it. I'd give up everything and do it all over again.
I don't know what to say, except...I can't believe it's been five years...
No comments:
Post a Comment