Our Journey

October 16, 2012

Lucy-Goosey!

Lucy is doing great.  Tomorrow she goes in for her 8 week follow up (although I think she is really at 9 weeks post-op).  She is running and jumping around with ease.  I think she surprises herself sometimes with what she is able to do.

At her last appointment the vet told us we should allow her to do jump up to work on developing her muscle in her surgery leg.  Pre-surgery she was lucky to get her back feet off of the ground when trying to jump....now she can clear our ottoman without exerting herself.  She can also jump on our bed from a standing position (where previously she would have to run and jump).  She also can jump over me if I am laying on the edge of the bed and she wants to get up.  She is able to run now and enjoys it.  When she runs she will slowly keep speeding up until she is sprinting.  Oh, and she can stand up on her hind legs, and put her front paws on you...previously she couldn't get herself that far off the ground...

Basically she is doing awesome!

Tomorrow at her appointment they are going to take x-rays to make sure everything has healed correctly, and then she will hopefully get permission to play with some other dogs.

I see a few doggy play dates in her future! :)

Love,

Lura

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I was wondering how she healed and if you were able to keep her "quiet" while she healed. I'm so glad she is feeling good and keeping you busy.

    ReplyDelete