Our Journey

February 2, 2013

Starting school

The kids will be starting school this week - I am so very, very excited for them.  We took them by the school on Friday and showed them the classrooms.  They also met a few of the specialists that they will be working with.  I think it helped Gergana to show her the school so when we talked about it, she had a frame of reference for it.  When we were leaving the the school, the high school cheerleaders were practicing and they invited Gergana to watch.  She was very shy and reserved but watched intently as they did their cheer.  She really enjoy it.  It has music, noise and dancing...it was right up her alley.

George is not a fan of the school.  I think the hallways look similar to his orphanage and the way it is all fenced in.  We showed him the inside too, but he just wanted to leave with us.  Thankfully the school is awesome and they are willing to work with us and let us shadow him for a few days until he is comfortable.

I know being in school will do amazing things for them.  I can't wait for them to make more friends and start speaking English.

I am going to go back to work about a week after they start school.  My job is awesome (if you haven't heard it before) and they are working with me and my new schedule/life.

I can't believe it is already February!

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Love,

Lura

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with school! I'm glad you'll be back at work. I'm going to visit you soon so we can catch up :)

    ReplyDelete