I can't believe we have had the kids for more then two months and we have been back in Germany in our home for over 6 weeks!
I have been failing at blogging, but I swear I am trying...that has to count for something right?
Everyday, it gets a little easier. The kids are transitioning so nicely. The only hang-up in the speech. I wish they spoke English instead...but at least Gergana is speaking, and George is trying. I know once they get enrolled in school the English will come quickly.
We finally got the medical clearance back this morning and have turned in the final documents to complete their command sponsorship so they can start school in about two weeks! Whoo-hoo!
I know school will help them both so, so much! They will meet more kids, be more engaged, and pick up English so quickly.
Gergana can draw circles and squares and tries triangles. She can also write a capital "A" unassisted :) We will keep working on the alphabet. Oh and she recognizes that "G" is the first letter in her name and will point it out - and say Gergana. :)
We also taught her to answer the question, "what is your name?" and "how old are you?" She will show 8 fingers (4 on each hand) to represent 8.
George is growing by leaps and bounds. The boy can now totally dress himself, and undress himself if the shirt is loose enough and can easily get over his head.
There self-help skills have grown vastly in the last few weeks!
They also love playing together and apart and will actually pull a toy out to play with it unassisted. They have learned how to entertain themselves, instead of having to be prompted.
They are doing so, so great! Plus we are finally out of the crazy appointment schedule to get all of their military stuff done. We were having appointments or some errand to run every day, and it was completely draining. I can actually say that we do not have another appointment schedule for the kids until March! I know once their command sponsorship goes through they will have speech and occupational therapy every week...but right now, it is nice to say :)
I am looking forward to spending the rest of this week with them creating art projects, building with their blocks, working on their alphabet, numbers and colors, and just being with the kids without having to rush from place to place.
I love being a Mom. Gergana and George are a true blessing!
Love,
Lura
p.s. Yes, now that life is settling down now, I promise I'll blog at least weekly :) I can commit to that much right? Oh and I promise the next post will have some pictures....
I have been failing at blogging, but I swear I am trying...that has to count for something right?
Everyday, it gets a little easier. The kids are transitioning so nicely. The only hang-up in the speech. I wish they spoke English instead...but at least Gergana is speaking, and George is trying. I know once they get enrolled in school the English will come quickly.
We finally got the medical clearance back this morning and have turned in the final documents to complete their command sponsorship so they can start school in about two weeks! Whoo-hoo!
I know school will help them both so, so much! They will meet more kids, be more engaged, and pick up English so quickly.
Gergana can draw circles and squares and tries triangles. She can also write a capital "A" unassisted :) We will keep working on the alphabet. Oh and she recognizes that "G" is the first letter in her name and will point it out - and say Gergana. :)
We also taught her to answer the question, "what is your name?" and "how old are you?" She will show 8 fingers (4 on each hand) to represent 8.
George is growing by leaps and bounds. The boy can now totally dress himself, and undress himself if the shirt is loose enough and can easily get over his head.
There self-help skills have grown vastly in the last few weeks!
They also love playing together and apart and will actually pull a toy out to play with it unassisted. They have learned how to entertain themselves, instead of having to be prompted.
They are doing so, so great! Plus we are finally out of the crazy appointment schedule to get all of their military stuff done. We were having appointments or some errand to run every day, and it was completely draining. I can actually say that we do not have another appointment schedule for the kids until March! I know once their command sponsorship goes through they will have speech and occupational therapy every week...but right now, it is nice to say :)
I am looking forward to spending the rest of this week with them creating art projects, building with their blocks, working on their alphabet, numbers and colors, and just being with the kids without having to rush from place to place.
I love being a Mom. Gergana and George are a true blessing!
Love,
Lura
p.s. Yes, now that life is settling down now, I promise I'll blog at least weekly :) I can commit to that much right? Oh and I promise the next post will have some pictures....
I just LOVE that Gergana's name IS Gergana. :) So glad they are doing good!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so glad you guys are relaxing and enjoying being parents :)
ReplyDelete