Our Journey

January 6, 2013

6.5 weeks home

I can't believe our children have been with us for 6.5 weeks.  It doesn't feel like it has been that long, but it also feels like they  have been with us forever.  They really just fit with our family.

I enjoy watching them grow and change everyday.

Gergana is so independent, but also looks to us for reassurance and approval.  She is a total sweet heart and will come up to you randomly for hugs and kisses. She loves to be tickled, chased, and read to.  The girl can eat...and eat and eat and eat.  She has already grown some in height and 2 shoe sizes.  She can be incredibly stubborn when she wants to, but also will share her toys openly with her brother.  She is the perfect daughter.

George is growing and changing so much everyday.  He is about to outgrow his size 4 pants.  When we bought them they were about two inches too long and we had to roll them, now they are almost high-waters. Also when we bought them we had to tighten the interior straps as tight as they would go, and so far I think we have loosed them 6-8 holes.  He is learning more noises everyday and trying to communicate with us more.  We are working with him, but we still have quite a journey until he is talking to us.  He is officially sleeping in his own bed, by himself.  I am so happy that he is finally comfortable enough and trusts us enough to know that we will still be here in the morning.  He sleeps through the night and there are no more tears.  He also eats, and eats, and eats, and eats.... He is getting pretty good with using a fork, and loves to help clean up after meals.  He is the perfect son.

They both are loving, cuddly, sweet, and nurturing.  They get along with each other amazingly well.  They play together, and really haven't gotten into an argument or fight yet.  We are teaching them not to push, and how to play nicely...but this last week we have seen huge improvements.  It has been a couple days since I told them not to push.

They both love music and love to dance.  They know the motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.  They flail their arms and legs around and laugh at each other as they dance....at least they are having fun!

It finally feels like we are in a rhythm in our house with them.  The last couple of days just seem like everything is getting easier.

Saturday we took them to their first birthday party.  A friend's daughter was turning 7 and they had a pajama-rama party at the community center.  There were about a dozen other kids there and they had a bounce house.  They both had a lot of fun.  There was a lot of watching how the other kids were playing, and then they would join in.  George took awhile to be comfortable walking around in the bounce house, but finally figured it out and ran around like a crazy man laughing hysterically.  Gergana jumped around in there for about 45 minutes and wore herself out, but she was having a blast.  We sang Happy Birthday (which Gergana hummed along too), and had a piece of cake and left before the presents were opened.  We lasted about an hour there -- which is far longer then I thought we'd make it.  They seems to have a ton of fun though, I'm glad we went.

They both seem eager to interact with other kids, which is good.  I need to get them out and about  more with other children.

I promise to blog more, and to post more pictures.  The camera is charging as I type this.  It finally feels like there is some spare time at the end of the day to do things like this.

Thank you for following along on our journey!

Love,

Lura

p.s. our house is almost completely done -- and Bobby hung up pictures today too :) It finally feels like home again :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm so glad they are adjusting well. What did they think of Lucy? What did she think of them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so Happy for you guys!!!! I enjoy the pics, and the updates with the children. Look into baby signs on fb I used them with my toddlers. My kids learned up to 50 words by the time they would leave my class, plus I love using the signs with them with their lang dev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the updates, you sound SO happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently discovered your blog, and I'm glad I did!
    You guys really seem to know what your doing considering that you've adopted the kids that are "older'.
    Wish you all of the best raising these gorgeous children,you are an inspiration.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete