Our Journey

December 8, 2014

Two years....

I wasn't going to be one of "those" families.   The family that brings home their kids and then drops off the face of the planet.  I promise myself (and others) I would keep blogging...it was cathartic.  But I did become one of those families...I'm sorry.  I am going to be better.  Let's focus on the positives :)

Gergana and George have been home for 2 years now.  TWO WHOLE YEARS!

On one hand, it seems like they have always been with us.  I look back and it's hard to remember a time when they weren't with us.  Their transition into our family has been seamless.  I love being a mom so much.

Adoption is hard, but I promise you it is worth it.

I'm sorry I stepped away, I'm going to toss my hat back in the ring and share the happenings of our life again.

We are all doing well.   Eli is a 15 month walking, talking, getting into everything toddler.  George is an active 9 year old boy, he's talking more, sharing thoughts, and loves to dance. Gergana is a vocal, opinionated 10 year old who shares her smile with the world. 

The G's just had their first recited with ICAN! Dance here in Arkansas.  They danced to the littliest elf, and yes George was the elf. 

Here are some pictures...you can see the sheer joy in their eyes...




This is George's buddy giving a speech about how much being a buddy has effected her, and how much she has learned from dancing with George.







This face :)








Love,
Lura

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back! It's totally understandable though...you've been kinda busy. Hahaha. Everyone looks great and I'm so glad you're such a down-to-earth and fun mom :)

    ReplyDelete