Just 17 more days until we are in Bulgaria and we cannot wait!
Every morning the first thing I say to Bobby is "Guess what??? only 17 days left!!!" My husband is so patient with my ridiculous countdowns and my super duper excitedness. I know he is just as excited as I am to meet our kids, but I am more bubbly in my expression of it ;)
This last week has been pretty busy. We actually flew out to Arizona to visit with Bobby's parents for the weekend. His mom has been under the weather, and it was nice to be able to help them out. Plus we were there for Mother's day! Bobby hasn't been home in over 2 years, and this was our last trip to the states child-free!
I think I drove Bobby crazy with my "the next time we do (insert activity here) the kids will be with us." :) Every time he would kiss me and say "I know" with a smile on his face :)
I am so so excited!
I know we still have 17 days until we get to Bulgaria, 20 days until we meet our son and 24 days until we meet our daughter....but I am super excited! Super Duper Excited!!!
I hope the 2-5 months fly by between our 1st and 2nd trip -- I think those months are going to be harder then the ones that have already passed since we started this journey. I am hoping our paperwork goes super smoothly and quickly. I hope that we get our USCIS approval immediately, and that everything happens in Bulgaria as quickly as possible! I'm hoping to be home, in our house, by Halloween next year. I hope we are back from Bulgaria, and our trip to the states, and home for Halloween! That is my dream...
When we first got to the states (after 16 hours of travel time) and 2 hours to get out of customs, the airport, and to our rental car I was exhausted. America is a very fast-paced, busy place, and I was getting over whelmed. After you are in Europe, with the slower pace, going back to the states is awesome, but overwhelming. I actually started to panic a bit, and was getting super stressed. The traffic was miserable, the fast-driving, and constant weaving of the other cars was stressing me out and making me very nervous. It was then, sitting in the car just praying to make it to his parents house alive, I realized just how stressful this trip is going to be on our kids as well. They are going to be completely overwhelmed by the busyness of America! I need to think of ways to calm them, comfort them, and shield them from it so that they can slowly be introduced and acclimated to it. I had one of those epiphany moments -- and added a new item to our list of things we need to prepare ourselves for.
Sorry for the rambled thoughts. I am jet-lagged, and just playing catch-up! I think I am going to start packing for Bulgaria since we have less then 3 weeks to go. :)
Just 17 more days....
Lura
Every morning the first thing I say to Bobby is "Guess what??? only 17 days left!!!" My husband is so patient with my ridiculous countdowns and my super duper excitedness. I know he is just as excited as I am to meet our kids, but I am more bubbly in my expression of it ;)
This last week has been pretty busy. We actually flew out to Arizona to visit with Bobby's parents for the weekend. His mom has been under the weather, and it was nice to be able to help them out. Plus we were there for Mother's day! Bobby hasn't been home in over 2 years, and this was our last trip to the states child-free!
I think I drove Bobby crazy with my "the next time we do (insert activity here) the kids will be with us." :) Every time he would kiss me and say "I know" with a smile on his face :)
I am so so excited!
I know we still have 17 days until we get to Bulgaria, 20 days until we meet our son and 24 days until we meet our daughter....but I am super excited! Super Duper Excited!!!
I hope the 2-5 months fly by between our 1st and 2nd trip -- I think those months are going to be harder then the ones that have already passed since we started this journey. I am hoping our paperwork goes super smoothly and quickly. I hope that we get our USCIS approval immediately, and that everything happens in Bulgaria as quickly as possible! I'm hoping to be home, in our house, by Halloween next year. I hope we are back from Bulgaria, and our trip to the states, and home for Halloween! That is my dream...
When we first got to the states (after 16 hours of travel time) and 2 hours to get out of customs, the airport, and to our rental car I was exhausted. America is a very fast-paced, busy place, and I was getting over whelmed. After you are in Europe, with the slower pace, going back to the states is awesome, but overwhelming. I actually started to panic a bit, and was getting super stressed. The traffic was miserable, the fast-driving, and constant weaving of the other cars was stressing me out and making me very nervous. It was then, sitting in the car just praying to make it to his parents house alive, I realized just how stressful this trip is going to be on our kids as well. They are going to be completely overwhelmed by the busyness of America! I need to think of ways to calm them, comfort them, and shield them from it so that they can slowly be introduced and acclimated to it. I had one of those epiphany moments -- and added a new item to our list of things we need to prepare ourselves for.
Sorry for the rambled thoughts. I am jet-lagged, and just playing catch-up! I think I am going to start packing for Bulgaria since we have less then 3 weeks to go. :)
Just 17 more days....
Lura
I hope our Gs can go Trick-or-Treating together this year! :-D
ReplyDeleteExcited for you!! And I'm hoping & praying that the process speeds up and goes smoothly just as much as you are!
ReplyDeleteI am praying that the next 14 days seem to fly by and we will be hearing all about Bulgaria soon.
ReplyDelete