Our Journey

May 5, 2012

A perfect Saturday...

Today I woke up early (for a Saturday of course) to babysit.  I had 2-3 girls here all morning and part of the afternoon.  It was so much fun!

First we played Mario on the Wii.  Then we went on a hiking adventure and played at 5 different parks on base.  We picked up a rollie pollie (and by we I totally mean one of the girls...) and we named him Ollie.  Ollie hung out with us for about an hour and even went on an airplane ride at the part.  Then it was time for Ollie to eat and to be released back into the wild.  So we released him and went to play at another park.  The little girls wants to see if Ollie was still on the leaf where they left him after about 20 minutes so we walked back and he had disappeared into the woods.

The girls were sad so I made up a new game to search for Ollie.  I asked them what he looked like and they described him in great detail down to his crooked little antler.  So we went hunting for Ollie on the trek back home.  I told them we should look for Ollie's brother and sister too, and they elegantly named them Arnold and Lily.  The girls also each picked a bouquet of leaves, long flowers and twigs to "attract" Ollie and his siblings back to them.  They would drag them with them as the walked because, "Ollie could jump on them and be saved!"  So we walked the ten minutes back home with them chanting, "Ollie, Arnold, Lily," in the most adorable sing-song lyrical voices.  They even searched in every gutter to see if they were hiding there....

I also learned today (while the girls were gathering their bouquets) that I have no idea what poison ivy looks like so I told them to only pull stuff off of the trees....see I am responsible...

Then when we got back home I pulled out some crayons and paper so we could make missing signs to hang up since they had to go home later.  They wanted to see if anyone else could find Ollie or his family.  These girls were dedicated.  They created at least 30 signs with different descriptions available so that someone could return their rollie pollies to them.  This lasted then entire 35 minutes while we waited for our pizza to be delivered.

We ate lunch, then watched the beginning of 101 Dalmatians.  Then after they decided they had relaxed enough from the hard work of making their signs they hung them up all up and down my stairwell for my neighbors (don't worry they were cleaned up).  I thought it was absolutely adorable.

I even now have a bouquet of flowers, tall grass, and leaves from various trees in a vase on my table from the girls because Ollie, Arnold and Lily might find there way back here tonight while I'm sleeping.  I promised to check the bouquet in the morning just in case....

It was a fantastic Saturday morning/afternoon that was topped off by a long stroll with my hubs and Lucy!

Oh, how I wish everyday could be like this!

Take time this weekend to enjoy the ones you love and to look at the world through the eyes of a child.

Love,
Lura


No comments:

Post a Comment