Her View -
This morning we woke up packed our bags and ate breakfast at the hotel. The director showed up and we all went to the home to see Gia. We left her a backpack with clothes, our family book, pictures, a few toys, a stuffed dog (to give her on her birthday), and our email address. This morning we also set up to have an English Tutor come three times a week to speak with her and help her learn some more English phrases. I don't know if she will be speaking them when we get back, but hopefully she'll pick up a few more phrases that she understands to help her and us when we bring her home. It is 130 leva a month, and we paid for the first month. We will wire money monthly to the tutor until we return. We also set up Skype dates with our daughter. They are going to coinside with her tutoring lessons so someone who speaks English and Bulgarian will be present when we chat. We start this Friday, and we get to chat with her every Tuesday and Friday at 5pm Germany time for about 15 minutes. I'm excited that I will be able to see her, and I hope it works out!
After we got all of this figured out, we left her office and Gia was waiting for us. She was wearing capris and a jean jacket and she looked absolutely adorable. I think she was nervous that we came out of the Director's office and she was very shy and quiet. She gave me a hug, but refused to hug Bobby. Then we walked downstairs and she grabbed her shoes and just looked at me. I sat her on the cabinet and asked her if I could help her and she shook her head. I asked her for her foot and she gave it to me and handed me her shoe, and then I asked her for her other foot and she gave it to me and handed me that shoe. Then I picked her up and carried her out the door. Once we got outside she was ecstatic -- I have no idea why she was so sad and nervous looking. We took her to the park and we played.
Bobby chased her. We kicked the basketball around. We bounced the globe ball around, and then she was hungry. We offered her cheez-its, which she was not a fan of. Then we offered her pretzels (which she loves). She also loves the color yellow, and will always grab the yellow item if multiple items are available.
We pulled out my Zune and put on music for her. We played Sugarland and she was excited. She listened to it, and liked playing with the headphones. She would pull them closer to her ears and giggle and then hold them far away. She is easily amused, and I love her!
It was almost time to go so we decided to get her one last treat. We walked over to the market and bought her an ice cream. She enjoyed it very much, but we had to peel the chocolate covering off since she is missing her two front teeth and can't bite it. After the ice cream Marty walked us down the lane and showed us where her previous home was. Then we walked back to her current home and said our good byes. They did not tell her this was our last visit, and I know she isn't going to take that news well.
We got in the car, waved and drove away. It took every ounce of my being to not jump out of the car and run to her. I did not want to leave. Today was one of the hardest days I have had in my life.
I hope October comes quickly. I hope we for sure get her by October.
Sorry, no pictures today -- I'll come back when we get home and tack some on, but we are back in Sofia at the hotel and I just want to put in a mindless movie and veg.
Today sucks!
Love,
Lura
This morning we woke up packed our bags and ate breakfast at the hotel. The director showed up and we all went to the home to see Gia. We left her a backpack with clothes, our family book, pictures, a few toys, a stuffed dog (to give her on her birthday), and our email address. This morning we also set up to have an English Tutor come three times a week to speak with her and help her learn some more English phrases. I don't know if she will be speaking them when we get back, but hopefully she'll pick up a few more phrases that she understands to help her and us when we bring her home. It is 130 leva a month, and we paid for the first month. We will wire money monthly to the tutor until we return. We also set up Skype dates with our daughter. They are going to coinside with her tutoring lessons so someone who speaks English and Bulgarian will be present when we chat. We start this Friday, and we get to chat with her every Tuesday and Friday at 5pm Germany time for about 15 minutes. I'm excited that I will be able to see her, and I hope it works out!
After we got all of this figured out, we left her office and Gia was waiting for us. She was wearing capris and a jean jacket and she looked absolutely adorable. I think she was nervous that we came out of the Director's office and she was very shy and quiet. She gave me a hug, but refused to hug Bobby. Then we walked downstairs and she grabbed her shoes and just looked at me. I sat her on the cabinet and asked her if I could help her and she shook her head. I asked her for her foot and she gave it to me and handed me her shoe, and then I asked her for her other foot and she gave it to me and handed me that shoe. Then I picked her up and carried her out the door. Once we got outside she was ecstatic -- I have no idea why she was so sad and nervous looking. We took her to the park and we played.
Bobby chased her. We kicked the basketball around. We bounced the globe ball around, and then she was hungry. We offered her cheez-its, which she was not a fan of. Then we offered her pretzels (which she loves). She also loves the color yellow, and will always grab the yellow item if multiple items are available.
We pulled out my Zune and put on music for her. We played Sugarland and she was excited. She listened to it, and liked playing with the headphones. She would pull them closer to her ears and giggle and then hold them far away. She is easily amused, and I love her!
It was almost time to go so we decided to get her one last treat. We walked over to the market and bought her an ice cream. She enjoyed it very much, but we had to peel the chocolate covering off since she is missing her two front teeth and can't bite it. After the ice cream Marty walked us down the lane and showed us where her previous home was. Then we walked back to her current home and said our good byes. They did not tell her this was our last visit, and I know she isn't going to take that news well.
We got in the car, waved and drove away. It took every ounce of my being to not jump out of the car and run to her. I did not want to leave. Today was one of the hardest days I have had in my life.
I hope October comes quickly. I hope we for sure get her by October.
Sorry, no pictures today -- I'll come back when we get home and tack some on, but we are back in Sofia at the hotel and I just want to put in a mindless movie and veg.
Today sucks!
Love,
Lura
It seems pretty mean doesn't it, that you get to meet your kids, hold them, play with them, bond with them and THEN you have to leave them! I'm sorry it is like that. Hopefully the next weeks go quickly. You are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am not looking forward to the leaving part.
ReplyDeletePraying this time goes quickly and that your chidlren's hearts will be prepared for the new life ahead of them!