Our Journey

June 29, 2012

Just entered Momville...

Bobby and I just bought  a 2003 Ford Windstar van off of a family that is pcsing. :) I am excited to announce our newest edition that seats 7, and will tote our family around comfortably for the forseable future! Whoo-hoo!  We are hoping this van will last us at least 4 years....we'll see though...it was  a great deal -- just needs a little scrubbing, but we can manage that!

We are also super-duper happy to announce that our USCIS I800 was approved today! And might I add that it was the same day our officer received our package!!! I am so stoked!!! Our paperwork will be issued to the Embassy next week, and my amazing brother Justin is doing the last of our apostilles on Monday and sending the last of our documents to Shelley overnight.  So by next Friday all of our paperwork will be with our attorney in Bulgaria, and she can start translating it and getting our Article 5 completed at the Embassy.

Once the Article 5 is issued we need a signature from the MOJ, and then we wait on a court date.  If magic happens and all of this is done by the 15th of July (highly doubtful, even for our awesome team) we could have a courtdate assigned before court closes for 45 days.  However, once this is all completed our paperwork will be ready for court to reopen on September 1st, and hopefully we will be assigned a court date ASAP, and get our approval by the end of September. If this happens, we could be traveling mid to late October to get them and bring them home!  This is my very optimistic plan that I so hope will work out!!!

Sorry for being vacant for awhile.  Honestly I miss our kids.  Writing on here just reminds me of them.  Ever since I held them in my arms, it's hard to think about them because now they are more then an idea -- they are ours.  I miss them terribly and can't believe it hasn't even been a month since the last time I saw them -- it feels like an eternity!!!

I hope you have an awesome weekend!

Love,
Lura

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the van!! And on your I800 too!!! Hoping that everything falls into place soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I drive a 15-passenger van because we have so many little ones in car seats-I love being up so high :)

    We're still waiting on our written referral-hopefully in the next 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about the van. Now you can decide who will sit where and look for "car toys" and music to play!

    ReplyDelete