One year ago today Bobby and I went to Lucky Chinesse for dinner and discussed the pros and cons of adoption. I have made it known since before we were married that someday I'd like to adopt a sibling set. I always assumed it was going to be from the U.S....boy was I wrong :)
About a week before our dinner date, I told Bobby that I wanted to sit down and discuss adoption as a "now" possibility at dinner, and I gave him time to think about it. During the week he'd ask a random questions and I'd go off researching for an answer. I had prepared my speech about how we were ready, how we could afford it, and how it was possible. I had all my angles and arguments prepared.
We drove to dinner in an awkward silence. I didn't know quite what to say, and I promised not to begin the discussion until after we ordered.
We sat down, and our favorite waitress took our order, and I looked at Bobby and said, "so..." He simply smiled at me and said, "I'm ready too."
One of the best days of my life...
I can't believe it has been an entire year since our journey began...man I am ready to bring our Prince and Princess home...
Love,
Lura
About a week before our dinner date, I told Bobby that I wanted to sit down and discuss adoption as a "now" possibility at dinner, and I gave him time to think about it. During the week he'd ask a random questions and I'd go off researching for an answer. I had prepared my speech about how we were ready, how we could afford it, and how it was possible. I had all my angles and arguments prepared.
We drove to dinner in an awkward silence. I didn't know quite what to say, and I promised not to begin the discussion until after we ordered.
We sat down, and our favorite waitress took our order, and I looked at Bobby and said, "so..." He simply smiled at me and said, "I'm ready too."
One of the best days of my life...
I can't believe it has been an entire year since our journey began...man I am ready to bring our Prince and Princess home...
Love,
Lura
AWWW! This gave me goosebumps!!! Love it
ReplyDelete