Our Journey

March 4, 2013

Awesomeness and then some....

Okay, so I've slacked on the blogging thing, so let me play a bit of catch up.

The kids are doing great.  Honestly amazing!

They both love going to school, and I can see the strides they are making every day.  Gergana and George both start the day in a special needs class with a great team.  Gergana transitions between a 1st grade classroom (for art, music, p.e., lunch, and specials), a Kindergarten classroom (for academics), and the special needs classroom (for extra assistance with anything that she needs help with that day/week.  George is in the special needs classroom for most of the day but does venture to the Kindergarten classroom for story time, music, and some activities.  The special needs classroom right now is the best place for him, the ratio is awesome and they work with him on new things everyday.  I don't think he could handle being in a traditional classroom all day at this time.

They are both in speech every week for an hour.  They have both learn the "ba" sound and how to rumble their lips with the "b" sound.  Gergana has also picked up "da" "sss" "mmmm" "n" and "pa."  She is trying more everyday to speak, and its coming along.  George is learning how to make more noises every day and his newest one is this noise that makes him sound like he is gasping for air.  Every time he does it I come running into his room to make sure he is okay, which he thinks is hysterical.    Bobby finally got to hear the noise today, and understood why I was so paranoid when I heard it.  He also likes to make songs out of "ba" "da" and his lips with the "b" sound.

Bobby is doing great as well. He is testing for E-6 tomorrow.  It is his first time testing for this rank, so we hope he does well, but will love him either way. He won't find out if he made it until sometime this summer.  Bobby is also having a small cyst removed from his hand tomorrow and will have 2 weeks off of work to recoup.  I told him he's going to have a blast helping to walk the kids to and from school and helping to take them to appointments.

I am doing good too.  I will be 15 weeks tomorrow and the baby will officially be the size of a navel orange. :) I'm excited to have made it this far, but am still cautious about the whole pregnancy.  I am definetely showing, and actually just outgrew my first pair of maternity pants.  Silly me, I thought they would stretch and grow with me.  I should have purchased a larger size.  Work is also going good too.  I enjoy having something to do while the kids are at school.  I also missed working with my co-workers and my students.  I enjoy watching them succeed and pushing them to finish their degrees.  I'm truly going to miss my job when we move this summer.

Lucy is doing well too.  She has to have surgery on her other knee, and has an appointment later this month to have her knee evaluated prior to surgery.

Desi, well, he's just Desi.  He is doing good, still hiding from the kids most days.  He is the cuddliest cat with me, and loves to sleep next to my belly.  He has become very protective of me, I think its adorable.

The Jepson family is doing amazing.  We are learning, growing and thriving every day.

I love my family, and honestly, wouldn't change a thing.

Love,

Lura

p.s. I know I owe you some pictures....I have some on the camera...so look forward to a post full of pictures in the very near future.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great catch up post. It is good to hear that all of you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete