Our Journey

April 2, 2013

Been absent for awhile...

I know, I know -- I've been absent for awhile.  I need to blog, it's cathartic ..but sometimes I just don't even know how to put into words everything that is happening here and sometimes, quite frankly, I don't have the energy at the end of the day to sit down and type.


Sometimes I feel exactly like this picture....

Most days are awesome.  Honestly, I wouldn't change a single decision we have made in the last two years. We started this adventure, and I'm happy to be on this roller coaster ride with Bobby.  The kids are amazing.   They are intelligent, fascinating  funny, entertaining, loving...everything we could have possibly hoped for, and so much more.   They are also stubborn, strong-willed, independent, aggressive, un-trusting, and have issues stemming from their lives in the orphanage.  But every single day, I see them change and grow into little people.  I see their personalities peak out, like the sun through the clouds on a rainy day.  I love watching them, even in my most frustrated moment when I don't have a clue on how to handle a situation...I love being a Mom.

People say their kids are their life, I never fully understood it until recently.  I'd go to hell and back for them, and they are stuck with me, whether they like it or not (which some days I think is true).  I'm their biggest cheerleaders, their toughest critic, the enforcer, their playmate, their friend, but most importantly I am their Mom.  I am so happy that out journey brought us to them and them to us.

We have truly been blessed with an awesome support team here.  We have a fantastic Pediatrician/behavior specialist that answers my questions, and gives great advice.  Their teachers and aides are phenomenal.  We have our moments, but when push comes to shove they listen to me and honestly try to work towards a solution that is best for both of my kids.  We have a speech therapist who tries her hardest to help our kids, and is pretty inventive in ways to get them to work with her.  We also have a fantastic Occupational Therapist who is pulling a child out of George that I knew was there, but wasn't quite sure how to help him peak out.  He also works with Gergana and she is making great strides.  Then to top it all off we have awesome, amazing, understanding and supportive friends and family.  We honestly couldn't do what we are doing without our support system.

I'm making a commitment to myself to blog, even if it is just a few sentence...it's not for you, it's for me.  It feels good to get my thoughts down, it help me process, it helps me cope, and most of all it helps me see progress.

Tomorrow, I'll catch you up in detail on out kiddos...but right now it's bath and then bed time. :) Then I have some work to finish up, before all of this craziness starts all over again tomorrow.

Love,

Lura

No comments:

Post a Comment