Bobby has been in school both weekends of Spring Break, so the weekends have been a little rough and busy. The first weekend he was home every evening, but this weekend he is taking a class about an hour away and staying in a hotel on that base. I love that he is pursuing his education, and I am proud of him...but oh how I miss him around the house on the weekends.
We had a friend come over last week (she is a preschool teacher) and she watched the kiddos while I went to work. It went pretty well. They tried to scheme her, but I had pre-warned her about all of their little games they play.
I think they are both excited about going back to school tomorrow, and I'm excited about getting back into our normal routine.
Lucy had her knee surgery about 2 weeks ago. Her first weekend home she got really sick, and we found out that she had ulcers from some of the pain meds she was on. She is just now finishing up a 10 day round of antibiotics, and our Lucy has returned. She is even trying to play.
We had a friend come over last week (she is a preschool teacher) and she watched the kiddos while I went to work. It went pretty well. They tried to scheme her, but I had pre-warned her about all of their little games they play.
I think they are both excited about going back to school tomorrow, and I'm excited about getting back into our normal routine.
Lucy had her knee surgery about 2 weeks ago. Her first weekend home she got really sick, and we found out that she had ulcers from some of the pain meds she was on. She is just now finishing up a 10 day round of antibiotics, and our Lucy has returned. She is even trying to play.
George learned how to snort this week, and has spent the last few days snorting and then bursting into giggles - which normally makes him snort some more -- it's a vicious, albeit funny, circle.
Gergana started saying "waka, waka" last weekend. She now says "work." We don't let her sign anything to us, which makes her mad - since we let George. But all of the words she can sign, she can say. I'm waiting for the magical English fairy to appear and tell me how we can encourage her to talk more. I've tried the "I don't understand you approach," followed by the "use your English words" approach, topped off with complete ignoring unless she tries to use words.
Oh, and I am not 21 weeks pregnant -- over halfway...and it's definitely a boy!
Okay, off to entertain these kiddos and play in some sunshine while it lasts...
Enjoy your weekend!
Love,
Lura


You've earned another Mommy Badge. You made it through school vacation! Gergana will talk in English! And then you will ask yourself why you wanted her to! lol Ruby looks good! Take care of yourself and that tiny boy you are carrying. I'm keeping all of you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteMiss your updates!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you!!!
ReplyDelete