Bobby is home from his TDY and I am home from my work conference. There is a great peace when you are held by the one you love. Giving him a hug when he picked me up from the airport on Saturday gave me a great sense of relief and peace. My other half was here to help carry the burden.
We have talked, and talked, and talked. We are both saying the same things but not coming to a resolution. I don't know what our future holds. The options feel like we are settling and it isn't really what we want or what we were hoping for. People keep sharing ideas with us, but for one reason or another the door seems to close before we can get through it. There are many obstacles in our way, and I really worry that maybe right now isn't the right time...
We both so badly want to adopt. We are ready to expand our family. We were ready to welcome Mikey and Liam into our family -- and now trying to find another set of siblings that need a home is hard. Mikey and Liam sort of fell into our lap. It felt like it was meant to be....now what? That is all I keep repeating, now what?
We are looking for guidance. We are looking for hope. We are looking for the solution....but honestly -- we are still wading through the waters of deep confusion.
The more we look into country X, the more uneasy we are. They have some requirements that just don't sit right with our souls. We do not want to compromise who we are at our core, just to adopt children. I truly believe the perfect children are out there, and they will become ours without us having to bend any rules. I don't want to regret a single step in our journey -- nor do I want to look back and wonder why I did something just so that the adoption could go through.
Maybe now isn't the time? Maybe we are meant to wait? Maybe adoption isn't in our cards....This is what keeps going through my head over and over....
We just have invested so much already -- and the documents that we have already completed have a ticking time clock attached to them. After a certain period of time we will have to redo them (which basically means more money...)
Honestly, now we are waiting. We haven't found a magical door that will open for us to lead us in the right direction. We are just sitting here, waiting. Hoping that we will cross the perfect path that will lead us to our destination. During this time we are just reflecting. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to...
Everything will work out the way it is supposed to...
I have lived my life by this motto, so there is no turning back now.
Thank you for your continued love and support! We really, really appreciate it. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we are going to the KMCC Adoption Support group on base. We are hoping that by talking to others who are going through this process, we may have some light shed on our predicament.
Lura
We have talked, and talked, and talked. We are both saying the same things but not coming to a resolution. I don't know what our future holds. The options feel like we are settling and it isn't really what we want or what we were hoping for. People keep sharing ideas with us, but for one reason or another the door seems to close before we can get through it. There are many obstacles in our way, and I really worry that maybe right now isn't the right time...
We both so badly want to adopt. We are ready to expand our family. We were ready to welcome Mikey and Liam into our family -- and now trying to find another set of siblings that need a home is hard. Mikey and Liam sort of fell into our lap. It felt like it was meant to be....now what? That is all I keep repeating, now what?
We are looking for guidance. We are looking for hope. We are looking for the solution....but honestly -- we are still wading through the waters of deep confusion.
The more we look into country X, the more uneasy we are. They have some requirements that just don't sit right with our souls. We do not want to compromise who we are at our core, just to adopt children. I truly believe the perfect children are out there, and they will become ours without us having to bend any rules. I don't want to regret a single step in our journey -- nor do I want to look back and wonder why I did something just so that the adoption could go through.
Maybe now isn't the time? Maybe we are meant to wait? Maybe adoption isn't in our cards....This is what keeps going through my head over and over....
We just have invested so much already -- and the documents that we have already completed have a ticking time clock attached to them. After a certain period of time we will have to redo them (which basically means more money...)
Honestly, now we are waiting. We haven't found a magical door that will open for us to lead us in the right direction. We are just sitting here, waiting. Hoping that we will cross the perfect path that will lead us to our destination. During this time we are just reflecting. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to...
Everything will work out the way it is supposed to...
I have lived my life by this motto, so there is no turning back now.
Thank you for your continued love and support! We really, really appreciate it. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we are going to the KMCC Adoption Support group on base. We are hoping that by talking to others who are going through this process, we may have some light shed on our predicament.
Lura
I wanted to let you know, in case you haven't been on the listings which is completely understandable if you haven't! BUT there is a new sibling set on the listings. They just added them the other day. Boy and girl. Adorable.
ReplyDeleteHugs sweetie. The right answer will come to you. I promise.
(this is kookyninny from the boards)
Thanks -- we saw them -- but unfortunately the older one is 1 year older then we are approved for :(
ReplyDelete