Our Journey

August 10, 2012

A heavy heart...

The past few days I have been missing our kids something fierce.  Multiple times a day I completely stop what I am doing as a feeling of loss just washes over me.  So much is happening in our lives, and none of it is happening with our children.

I am ready for them to be here.

I am ready for them to be home.

I am ready for court to be assigned.  I am ready for the MOJ to sign off on our documents.  I am ready for our translations to be completed.  I am ready for this process to be over.

But I know that getting them is just the beginning.  But in my world, that is the good stuff.  I know it is going to be hard.  I know we are going to have moments of complete frustration.  But I also know there are going to be smiles.  I know there is going to be happiness.  I know there is going to be love.  I know we are doing the right thing.

I'm tired of people asking me if we know what we are doing.  Or if we know how hard this is going to be.  We have been researching, and talking with people.  We have been warned and we are trying to prepare.   We don't need anymore warnings.

Rather positive thoughts.  Open minds. Encouraging suggestions.  These are what we need.  This is what would help us.

But over all we are just ready for our kids to be home.

If you are naysayer, or spew evilness/unhappiness in our direction you will not find nice/polite Lura anymore. Don't be alarmed if I just turn and walk away, it's probably safer for you that way.

This process is hard, and we do not need any negativity.  I am done with negativity.

Thank you for all of you that have supported us and continue to support us.  We appreciate it more then we can ever truly put into words.  Thank you.

This week our Reese's Rainbow FSP went over $1,000.00.  Thank you to everyone who has donated!

I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend!

Love,

Lura

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there! The waiting is always the hardest! Especially when you don't see any progress. Keep your head up, those sweeties will be home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of us knew what we were doing before we had kids. lol!! You learn as you go. God will provide everything you need. I've been following some adoption blogs with hopes that we can adopt in the future. I am very encouraged by your story!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you in real life but I have been reading your blog for a long time. I can tell from your time in country with the kids that you are going to be good parents. And you will be good parents for those two children. You take time to look at what they are doing and try to understand it. Then you choose your reaction. That is AWESOME. You are young and flexible and you will figure it out. They will be home soon and you are gonna have so much fun. Don't worry.
    How's Lucy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya girl. We're in the same boat. We can DO this!!

    xo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your blog. You will be great parents! And as others have said, none of us knew what we were doing or getting ourselves into.....that is the fun of it. We are trying to get a little girl who I think is in your daughters region. We will find out this week if we can get her. If you wouldn't mind emailing me any info/advice about that area, I would really appreciate it
    Kellym9999@aol.com

    ReplyDelete