On our adoption front, there really isn't any news to post. We are just waiting....still.
Our Article 5 appointment was at the end of July and normally it take about 2 weeks to get the MOJ signature so you can be assigned a court date. However Bulgaria's court system has shut down for the summer and should be reopening within the next two weeks....We need the MOJ signature to get a court date. So here we sit, still waiting. There are several families in the same position as us...just waiting for our court dates to be assigned. If everything goes smoothly in court, we should pick them up in about 3-4 weeks after court. I can't wait for that day GOTCHA day!
Our attorney in Bulgaria keeps telling us not to set our heart on a date, to prevent disappointment. I know she is offering great advice, but it is hard to follow. Our Prince's birthday is in the beginning of November and we want to celebrate his 7th birthday with him. We were already committed to him last year when he turned 6. I don't know if my heart will handle missing his 7th birthday too. We are so, so close. So very, very close.
We are hoping for a court date by the end of September, so that our pickup trip can be by the end of October so we can be back in the U.S.A. by his birthday.
Please pray and send positive thoughts our way. We need a signature. I'm hoping it happens before the end of August...just so we can stay on the timeline that our attorney told us not to cling to.
But unfortunately, I'm clinging and holding on for dear life. I am ready for our children to be reintroduced and to come home.
Also, our blog is going to go back to private until the children are back in our arms. I know a few of you will grumble -- but it's for the best. : )
This is also our 160th post....For some reason that sounds impressive to me....if you've been following along for all 159 of our other posts, thank you. I sure am long-winded!
Oh, and since many of you have asked....Lucy is doing great.
The surgeon told us that she is doing better then expected. We have been working with her to take it easy. She wants to run and play --- and I know she is now in less pain then she was pre-surgery. She is already walking better too. She did get an infection on the back of her other leg that was causing her pain for a few days, but we have some antibiotics and it is clearing up nicely. She is sleeping through the night, eating well, and the spark is back in her eyes.
We are very grateful to our surgeon, and his very capable team. We are also grateful that we are stationed at the base with the Wounded Warrior Surgery program for canines. We are close to Landstuhl (which is where they treat injured service members prior to them going back to the states), and the vet clinic treats the injured animals. Since the vet already preforms this surgery on service dogs he did the surgery for Lucy at a 1/3 of the price it would have been off base or in the states. We are truly grateful.
I hope my next post is that the MOJ has signed our court documents and we are just waiting for our court date....
Have a great and safe holiday weekend!
Love,
Lura
Our Article 5 appointment was at the end of July and normally it take about 2 weeks to get the MOJ signature so you can be assigned a court date. However Bulgaria's court system has shut down for the summer and should be reopening within the next two weeks....We need the MOJ signature to get a court date. So here we sit, still waiting. There are several families in the same position as us...just waiting for our court dates to be assigned. If everything goes smoothly in court, we should pick them up in about 3-4 weeks after court. I can't wait for that day GOTCHA day!
Our attorney in Bulgaria keeps telling us not to set our heart on a date, to prevent disappointment. I know she is offering great advice, but it is hard to follow. Our Prince's birthday is in the beginning of November and we want to celebrate his 7th birthday with him. We were already committed to him last year when he turned 6. I don't know if my heart will handle missing his 7th birthday too. We are so, so close. So very, very close.
We are hoping for a court date by the end of September, so that our pickup trip can be by the end of October so we can be back in the U.S.A. by his birthday.
Please pray and send positive thoughts our way. We need a signature. I'm hoping it happens before the end of August...just so we can stay on the timeline that our attorney told us not to cling to.
But unfortunately, I'm clinging and holding on for dear life. I am ready for our children to be reintroduced and to come home.
Also, our blog is going to go back to private until the children are back in our arms. I know a few of you will grumble -- but it's for the best. : )
This is also our 160th post....For some reason that sounds impressive to me....if you've been following along for all 159 of our other posts, thank you. I sure am long-winded!
Oh, and since many of you have asked....Lucy is doing great.
The surgeon told us that she is doing better then expected. We have been working with her to take it easy. She wants to run and play --- and I know she is now in less pain then she was pre-surgery. She is already walking better too. She did get an infection on the back of her other leg that was causing her pain for a few days, but we have some antibiotics and it is clearing up nicely. She is sleeping through the night, eating well, and the spark is back in her eyes.
We are very grateful to our surgeon, and his very capable team. We are also grateful that we are stationed at the base with the Wounded Warrior Surgery program for canines. We are close to Landstuhl (which is where they treat injured service members prior to them going back to the states), and the vet clinic treats the injured animals. Since the vet already preforms this surgery on service dogs he did the surgery for Lucy at a 1/3 of the price it would have been off base or in the states. We are truly grateful.
I hope my next post is that the MOJ has signed our court documents and we are just waiting for our court date....
Have a great and safe holiday weekend!
Love,
Lura
I'm so sorry that you've had to wait so long for that signature :( Praying it happens very soon and that you can get them home ASAP.
ReplyDeleteI have been checking your blog every day hoping to see wonderful news! Hang in there, you have waited so long and the end is in sight!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to see a post! i was worried about Lucy. lol Yeah I'm a sucker for animals, I admit it. I know that waiting is making you crazy, international adoption is crazy. Hang in there. They'll be home soon.
ReplyDelete