Well these past weeks have been harder than most. It always is when I am away from home on TDY. I do get to see some nice places and meet some interesting people, but I always miss being home and wish that I could share these experiences with Lura.
I can’t help but wonder how much harder leaving is going to be when we finally get the kids. The regulations say that once we adopt them I am not deployable for a year. What happens when that year is over? What happens when I am gone for 6 months or 8 months instead of 3 weeks?
It scares me thinking about these things but that doesn’t change the fact that we will be giving them a loving home full of support and opportunities. I know that Lura will always be there with them when I do deploy and I hope that the kids can be as much a rock for her as she will be for them.
I am ready to bring our kids home and the wait gets harder as we get closer to getting them. My TDY is just about over and then we can get this process cracking again! Thanks for everyone for the support and don’t forget to tell everyone about our fundraising opportunities like the Share the Love Giveaway!
We are military, Army, and also adopting from eastern europe! I would really like to know what regulation you are talking about that makes you non-deployable for a year!!! Please email me at mycamokids@gmail.com
ReplyDelete