Our Journey

March 2, 2012

She's back... :)

Sorry, I have been neglecting this blog...please forgive me!  The Giveaway took over much more of my time then I ever anticipated, but I am not complaining! I am very thankful for all our family, friends, and complete strangers who donated to help us bring our Prince and Princess home and help to bring two other orphans home to some very loving families!

We raised $3,440.00 in 29 short days!  That is amazing! Thank you for advocating!

We have contacted all of the winners and are in the process of connecting the winners with the donors, so everyone can get their prizes!

We truly are blessed!

Pampered Chef is going well! I really, really enjoy it!  I had my first (not at my home party) for our friends the Solomons, to help them raise money for their adoption, and I was able to donate over $200 to them from their show!  I hope that I will be able to help other families who are going through adoptions, or needing to raise funds for their organizations!

Right now we are just waiting...I know, I know...the same place we were last time I really sat down to blog.  But now our dossier (all of the papers we have been chasing down for the last few months) are in Bulgaria and in our attorney's hands.  She is currently translating and authenticating everything for us.  She already looked through everything and says they look good (whew!)  So now we wait for her to finish, and then our documents will be submitted to the Ministry of Justice.  Then we wait for a travel date.

Our agency has told us to expect to travel in about 6-8 weeks (and that was on Monday)....I'm hoping for sooner!

I have been saying since the beginning of this journey for our Prince and Princess that I thought we were going to travel at the end of March. I'd love to be right! All I can do right now is hope and pray!

Let's hope that the Ministry of Justice continues to sign travel dates, and the quicker the better

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  I'm going to try to pull away from the internet and catch up on some school and house work this weekend!

Love,
Lura

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a successful fundraiser!

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - get your blog designed and support orphans with special needs in India!

    ReplyDelete