Our Journey

March 29, 2012

Raynee = Amazing!

Meet Kelly
I absolutely love this picture of Kelly.  I met Kelly Kelley (yes her real maiden name) when I started working at the Courtyard by Marriott in Oklahoma City (while Bobby was stationed at Tinker).  We became best friends quickly.

Kelly is crazy, fun, smart, humble, generous, loving (the list goes on and on), and to top it off is a remarkable mother.  Let me defend her a little bit and just say this was for her bachelor party in Vegas before she married her amazing husband Jeremy.

Kelly & Jeremy right after they said "I do"
Jeremy is also in the Air Force, and on top of being best friends, we are now Air Force wives together.

Well shortly after this magical day shown above, these two crazy kids made this beauty.
Meet Raynee!
I think they did a good job.  This picture above is her 1st outfit! the picture below is why I am proud to call her my niece!


Now fast forward 12 months, and this beautiful, precious angel is now 1!

Kelly and Jeremy have been super supportive of our adoption from day 1...she has been there to support me, applaud me, cry with me, and help me keep it together when it seems like the road blocks kept getting bumpier.

Well for Raynee's 1st birthday, Kelly and Jeremy decided that their little princess needed some cousins, a little more then she needed more toys (trust me this girl is loved and not neglected in the toy department!)

So crafty Kelly got to work and this....

turned into this....
and she ordered this...


All of Raynee's friends came, and in lieu of gifts donated to our adoption!  Thanks to Raynee's (and her parents) genorosity we receieved $435.00 towards our adoption!  Can you see how close we are to being fully funded (look to the right...)

Thank you!!!!!

Raynee enjoying her cake!


Post - Cake....She sure did enjoy herself!



Poor Raynee -- her parents took her cake away and she wasn't done yet...
Happy Birthday Raynee!
Thank you so much for your generosity Kelly, Jeremy and Raynee! Our G's will hear this story, and can't wait to meet you guys! You helped us get one step closer to bringing our angels home too!

Keep spoiling my niece!

Love,

Lura










2 comments: