Our Journey

June 18, 2015

You know you married a rockstar....

You know you married a rockstar when even your toddler screams "Baaahhh-beeee!" when he need something and Papa isn't in the room.

Joking aside, my husband is a rockstar, and I don't know how I lucked out.

Today, he spent his lunch break waiting at the hospital with me to pick up a prescription for the kids. See active duty members have priority, so if you bring one along and make them go to the window you get your prescription just a tad bit faster.  With three kids in tow, a tad bit faster and a spare set of hands goes a long way.

He also called today to tell me he was running late, but was on his way now.  I was involved with the kids, and didn't even realize the time.  It's the little things that mean the most.

He walked in the door today and took all three kids for a few minutes so I could just enjoy a quiet potty break.  If you don't have kids, you do not understand the awesomeness of peeing in peace.

When he asked me how my day went I responded with, "I'm tired, and wish I could take a nap." So this man kept trying to put me to bed.

He then gave me a few minutes to water my plants, something that I thoroughly enjoy.  He kept the kids entranced so I could have a few moments of quiet and then listened to me ramble about how awesome the tomatoes look, even though he isn't a fan. 
the boys playing in the tent

He then changed out of his uniform, and went outside to assemble the tent that we purchased off a yard sale for our camping trip this summer.  He wanted to make sure that it did in fact have all of its pieces, as the seller claimed.  He kept the boys outside with him and was patient while they ran in, out, around and through the tent as he was trying to assemble it.

Right after he finished he came inside and jumped right into the dinner making process so it would go just a bit smoother and faster.

As we sat down to eat a friend came by to pick up something she purchased from our yardsale and my amazing hubs jumped up and helped them load it in his car.

After dinner, he told me to go to bed, he'd handle this for the night.

As my head was hitting the pillow I heard a scream from the living room for my name.  I came out of the bedroom to see him awesomely maneuvering George to the bathroom as he was projectile vomiting everywhere.  He got George in the shower while I started cleaning up.  Once he was done, this amazing creature that I married, told me to go back to bed.  

I wish I could say this was an unusual day, but this man steps up in every way to help make our family run smoother and to help me be the best Mom I can be.  That is how I know I married a rockstar.




No comments:

Post a Comment