Our Journey

January 16, 2012

A day in the life of a military spouse....

So Bobby is on a short TDY -- don't worry he isn't gone too long, and he is definitely somewhere safe. I'll share his destination when he returns safely!

That means I am on day 2 of being Bobby-less (without my Bobby for those of you who don't speak Lura-esse) :)

On Wednesday I came home from work sick, and the sickness turned into complete misery. I just started feeling semi-normal again on Sunday (yeah the day Bobby left....some people could read something into this...) I bailed on work for 2 1/2 days during one of the busiest parts of our year, bailed on a friend who was looking forward to a day in adult world (while her husband is also deployed), and bailed on my work-out buddy. I feel horrible for letting everyone down, but I was seriously down for the count.

I am feeling much better -- I think I have a sinus infection now -- but drugs can fix it (and I'll be calling the doctor first thing in the morning).  Thanks for all of the well wishes, and for being so understanding.

I am now back, and ready for action! lol 

This morning on day 2 of being Bobby-less I went to the gym with my friend, went grocery shopping, did a little cleaning and laundry, went to the BX, and picked up some movie tickets that I won on our local radio station.  Then I decided to redeem one of the tickets, and watched the movie Joyful Noise. 

I have also been spending time working on the new blog for the giveaway.  We have over 40 awesome prizes lined up! Yes, you read that right!  We have tons of stuff, and I can't wait to unveil it at the end of the month!  I hope you all love the prizes as much as we do, and will enter yourself to win. We also would love if you shared our giveaway and had your friends and families enter to win as well! 

I am ready for our kids to be here.  I am ready to be at the end of this journey, and to start the journey of becoming a family together.  I am ready! Now only if USCIS would hurry up and send me that post card....I'm giving them until Wednesday -- if I don't have it by then I'll be calling to follow up.  I know they received our packet, I am just waiting to be assigned to an agent. 

So if you are looking for ways to pass the time with us, check out our 31 Gifts or Tastefully Simple fund-raisers!  We also still have our Just Love Coffee store open as well!

Every order helps, and brings us one step closer to bringing the kids home!

I can't wait to have them in my arms. 

Love,

Lura

No comments:

Post a Comment