So this weekend we spent time preparing our house for the home study, doing paperwork, and trying to get a full nights sleep. There is so much paperwork necessary for an adoption, that it is absolutely mind-boggling. I am very happy to report that we completed our 47 page questionnaire (this is how long it was after we typed it), and I believe we shared our soul with our case worker. Answering all the questions on there took a lot of thought and discussion, but we learned a little about ourselves along the way. We had to answer questions about how we were raised, what our belief system is, what we expect of our future children, and pages of family history.
I'm not complaining though. We are super excited about this process, and can't wait to be at the end of it! I know it is going to be worth it!
Our home study list has 12 things that we need to complete and I am elated to report that 8 of the things have been completed! We are waiting for several things to come in the mail, but once they do 8 things are done! We have our medical clearance and finger printing appointment schedule as well so that is 10 of the 12 things done! And tonight I am going to file all of our Child Abuse Registry Checks....the only thing left that hasn't been touched is the 10 hours of parenting courses that are required. We plan to start working on that this weekend! All the information is almost gathered for our Home Study Report, the next step is our USCIS (immigration), and all of our stuff for our agency! But luckily, a lot of the stuff we need for our home study we also need for our agency. So much stuff, but we have been flying through it! Our goal is to get everything done on our end so we are waiting on them, and not having anyone wait on us! Yes, yes, yes...I'll admit that we are rock stars!!!
On the fund-raising front -- thank you all who have already made a purchase through our Scenty fund-raiser! We have had a number of sales already, and this fund-raiser is going through 15 August, so you still have time to order, and share with your family, friends, and co-workers! The information for the fund-raiser is provided under the "How you can help" tab.
We are also starting a fund-raiser with Pampered Chef soon, so if candles aren't your thing, and cooking is -- I have a website for you! I will post more information about this in the next few days, as soon as everything is set up!
On a sad note, apparently we cannot hold any fund-raisers on base (I am trying to go up the chain here to see if we can get around it). The base has a rule that you have to be an organization to hold fund-raiser....boo to that! We are looking into have a yard sale...but we do not have a yard....and we don't have much to sell...but maybe we can get enough in donations? It is PCS season after all....We will find another way to raise money! These kids need us, we can't wait to have them home, and everything will work out! I have faith!!!
Today I got to talk to my Papa on Skype! It was his first time using it, but it was awesome! It totally made my day, maybe even my week! :) Next task is to teach him how to access yahoo games so we can play cards! :) Thank you Uncle Larry and Aunt Dawn for making it happen!
Thank you so much for all of your support! I am off to fill out the child abuse checks...
Have a fabulous day!
Lura
ahh...I must have been a little too cocky in my post -- Ordering all of the Child Abuse Checks is a lot more time consuming and difficult then I first thought...hmmm...
ReplyDeleteI know this is a little late but a trick I learned from my sister in law is to type up all the addresses that you've lived at and then just staple that to each child abuse check request form. :) I thought I'd post on here in case other people are reading this like I am and learn from all of us.
ReplyDelete