Our Journey

July 31, 2011

As the piles get smaller....

This weekend has just flown by! I can't believe it is already Sunday evening!  Where did Saturday go? I am really not ready to go to work tomorrow -- but somehow I'll manage :)  Lots of people have been picking up stuff from our house (the donations that we are resaleing to make money for our adoption).  Our house is actually semi-liveable now :)

Today we woke up and helped a friend clean her house.  This lady has been amazing with donating stuff for us to resale at our rummage sale and on RamsteinYardSales.com.  She was a complete stranger, but honestly I can now call her a friend.

For lunch today, we met with a family who adopted a sibling set from the same country we are a few years ago.  They were a wealth of knowledge, and gave us some great ideas! I love talking to families who have already completed this journey -- they always provide such insight!

Tonight we are going to try to knock out some of our parenting training courses required by our home study!  I hope we can complete alll of these hours this week so that we can get our certificate turned in. 

Bobby is setting up the 2 beds for our boys right now.  I know its a little early, but we cleared out the space, and we already have the beds -- so why not! :)


Not too much new stuff going on here, but we are still excited and working through the paperwork and fund-raising!

Thank you for all of your support!

Lura

5 comments:

  1. So fun to find another adoptive family here! We are done adopting but I look forward to watching your journey! Do you go to the support group? I am going to do my best to make it this month...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't been yet -- we have been slacking. Every month we plan to go--and something comes up and we miss it. My hubs will be TDY this month, but I WILL be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will make sure I am as well! The day always seems to get away from me...LOL. I look forward to meeting you then : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait! :) I'll be the odd ball that is husbandless :) lol See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you thought about selling books? A lot of people have books they no longer need and I'm sure would be happy to donate, and you might have some around the house. It won't help all that much but every little bit counts. I would buy used books from you to help raise money and I'm sure other people would too!

    ReplyDelete