"Being adopted only means that instead of you growing in my tummy, you grew in my heart." anonymous.
This is going to be the first quote in the book we are making of our adoption journey for our kiddos. It is definitely true! I may not be going through pregnancy, but man is it a roller coaster journey! I want them to know all the love that went into bringing them home! So many family, friends, and complete strangers have helped us get a little bit closer to reaching our goal! As of today we are officially 25% funded for our adoption. When we started this a few weeks ago our goal was to raise & save $6,105.00 by August 10th. This was going to cover all of our upfront costs, and get the ball rolling on the adoption. As of today (almost 3 weeks early) we have raises & saved $6,377.92!!! Thank you to every ones love, help and support we have already reached our goal!
Our new goal is to reach $12,500.00 by Labor Day! This will put us 50% funded and get us one giant step closer to bringing our kiddos home! I think we can do it! In fact, I know we can do it! Our fund-raisers are going strong -- and hopefully will keep growing! And according to Bobby when I told him how far we had come towards our goal, he smiled and said, "apparently people want us to have children..."
We are so grateful for everything! But our journey is just beginning. Everyday we are one sunrise closer to meeting our kids. Every night we are one step closer to putting our kids to bed in our home -- out of the orphanage and back together like they belong! Thank you for doing everything that you can to help spread the word, and advocate on our behalf!
Bobby and I have been busy working on the fund-raisers! The rummage sale fund-raiser is definitely taking up a lot of our time. People have been so generous with their donations, and we have been busy driving around to different peoples houses collecting. Tomorrow we are going to start listing things for sale on Ramsteinyardsales.com. This is a local website where people in our area buy/sell goods. It is widely popular, and hopefully will help us bring in a little more money! We are super excited and know that it's only going to get better!
Now we need to figure out a way to squeeze some homework in between all of the paperwork, parenting classes, networking, and fund-raising! But I will finish my degree before the end of the year! I am determined!
Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. ~Life's Little Instruction Book, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
I hope everyone is have a fantastic Monday!
Lura
No comments:
Post a Comment