Our Journey

November 17, 2011

New Goal....

So for the past few days I have been bummed about the lack of progress on the paperwork front for our adoption.  We are playing a waiting game, relying on snail mail for paperwork to arrive at our agency's office.  We are also waiting on a response from a government official for our home study.  There is nothing for Bobby and I to do right now.  So we impatiently wait.

Last night I pulled out the check list again, rewrote it to make me feel slightly productive. I stared at  it.  I analyzed it.  I tried to turn it into some sort of strategy of what I could do to push this process along.  Every single item that we have left is waiting on something else to be completed, something that is out of our hands.  Ugh! Can you feel my frustrations?

I am a go-go-go person.  Give me a task and I will start sprinting to complete it.  Why wait to do something that you can complete today.  It's very effective at work.  It's very effective at home.  However it does cause me anxiety and stress towards our adoption. I need something to do.  Anything at all.  Thankfully Shelley (our contact at the adoption agency) is patient and sweet when she answers my crazy emails bugging her to see if items have arrived.  I try not to bug her everyday, just a few times a week while we are waiting....and it has to be frustrating to her that she can't give me the answers that I so desperately want to hear....

So Bobby and I have set a new goal! A very obtainable goal, I hope! We owe $12,000 more for our Program Fees for Bulgaria.  You all are probably thinking $12,000!!! Thats a whole lot of money...but wait...

Right now we have $8,113.41 in our savings account for this.  We need $3,886.59 to pay all of our Program Fees in full and our goal is to do it by the end of this year.  We are over 2/3rds of the way there!!!  I actually just picked up a part time job working as a vendor at the KMCC (the BX or Walmart for you non-military people, that is located on base).  It's not a whole lot of money or hours, but every tiny bit helps! An amazing friend helped me land it (thank you!) We are still posting stuff for sale on RamsteinYardSales.com, and we still have our Just Love Coffee and Ordinary Hero fundraisers going.  I know we can reach our goal!!!   We have decided to not start anymore fundraisers at this time. I think our family, friends, and our facebook pages are getting worn down by the fundraisers we have been advertising. Maybe next year....

Plus *hopefully* this will give me something to focus on while we wait on all of the paperwork to arrive, our home study to be finalized, and we can officially commit to our children!

After we pay the $12,000 all we have left is $720 for USCIS (immigration), $808 for Visas for the children, $200 for medical exams at the embassy for the children, and approximately $4400 for airline tickets, food, and lodging for two trips totaling 3 weeks to Bulgaria. The $4400 does include the tickets to bring the children home too :)  That means we will need $6,128 (approximately) after the first of the year to cover the rest of our expenses.  We also still have the expenses of furnishing their rooms, clothing, etc...but we'll make it!

We are very happy to have family, friends, and honestly strangers supporting us as we go through this process.  Without all of you we would not even be close to where we are right now! Less then $4,000 to go to pay all of our Program Fees!! About $10,000 to be fully funded! How amazing is that!

Thank you for following our blog, sharing our story, and remembering us in your prayers.  Hopefully, really soon, we can share more information on our kiddos and have a date to meet them!

Love,

Lura

No comments:

Post a Comment