Our Journey

August 6, 2011

and the Dossier paperwork begins....

So this morning we received the information to start gathering our dossier paperwork.  Man, I thought the home study had a lot of paperwork! I am excited about tackling the next step in our journey. 

None of it appears to be too challenging.  We are going to have to get our doctor to do more paperwork, and get some letters from our employers -- but everything should work out.  Our only hang up is that we need a form notarized (with both of our signatures) that we will not get back until after Bobby is already gone on his 30 day TDY.  So we won't be able to do this form until mid September, then we will have to mail it off to have it apostilled in the states.  This pushes back turning in our paperwork to their country until at least the beginning of October. :( 

Then we should be traveling to meet our boys in around 6 weeks.  We will be in their country for 21-45 days (on average).  This still gives us plenty of time to bring the boys home by Christmas (but probably not Turkey Day). 

I'm still excited -- and can't wait to bring the boys home!  Everyday we are just one step closer.  I just wish the hubs could get out of this TDY, since it is going to delay us at least 2 weeks, if not more.  I don't want anymore hurdles!  I am ready to have the boys in our arms!

Yesterday we ordered a small flip camera (it was Amazon's deal of the day).  We are going to take this with us so we can make videos of the boys, and chronicle our journey.  I am so excited!!!  Plus, this means I'll be able to share everything with you all! :)

I hope you guys are having a fantastic weekend!

Lura

No comments:

Post a Comment