Our Journey

August 22, 2011

A family to share...

Some of you may know about the Colemans.  They are an amazing family who adopted a little boy from the same country we are.  They brought there little boy home a few months ago, and he is just thriving! He is absolutely adorable.  Ashley and Shea Colman already had a little girl (who is completely adorable) and now she has a little brother.  Shea is also in the military and is enlisted (like Bobby) and they provided us with such inspiration and hope that we could do this too! 

Bobby and I have been talking about adopting since before we were married.  Doing it while stationed overseas seemed like an almost impossible feat, and we were scared to start it.  So we followed the Coleman's journey and watched them bring their son home! And we knew if they could do it, so could we!!!  They also used Reece's Rainbow to help facilitate their adoption and we are truly following in their footsteps as we work to bring our boys home!

When we started our process in July we met another family (that were also friend's of the Colemans).  They are an amazing couple already blessed with beautiful children, but have decided to open their hearts to a little boy (also in the same country as our boys).  They are also a military family with the same struggles as us.  We are both stationed in Germany and trying to raise money to help fund our adoptions.  I encourage you to also follow their journey at http://solomonadoption.blogspot.com/.  Because of the Solomons, there will soon be one less orphan in this world!

Also, keep an eye out.  We are preparing a Giveaway together.  It's going to be legendary! We are looking for independent consultants, businesses, ETSY stores, photographers, etc. who would like to donate a prize pack to be given away.  We are going to split the proceeds 50/50, to help bring our boys home!  If you would like to donate please email us at robertandlura@gmail.com.

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

Lura

2 comments:

  1. Lura,

    I've been reading along this whole time, but wanted to take a moment to tell you how excited I am about your journey. I can't wait for you to bring the boys home. Sending you lots of love and good vibes.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete