Our Journey

August 18, 2011

Waiting on a Gift...

Those of you who know me, know I am impatient.

On holidays or birthdays if my husband tells me that he already got me a present, or worse, a present is already in the house -- I pester him until he tells me what it is and where it is hidden.  I hate not knowing things. I have talked this amazing man I married into giving me Birthday, Christmas, Valentines, and Anniversary presents early every year.  I love this man, and he loves me, and I totally use it to my advantage. :)  I don't think this guy realized that when he slid a ring on my finger, he delved into a world of never being able to surprise someone again...

My amazing husband, Bobby on our wedding day.
I think the hardest part about this adoption is that we are waiting.  I know what my presents are! They are two adorable brothers, just waiting for us a little over 1,000 miles away! They are waiting for their Mama and Papa to bring them back together, and to give them a home.  I so badly want to be there with them.  I want to bring them home.

No matter how much I try, I can't rush this process anymore then we already are.  I am just ready for everything to be done.  I am ready to meet our boys. I feel like I do near any holiday, IMPATIENT!  I know a present is coming, and I don't want to wait for it.  But I know what this present is, and I am grumpy and miserable because I cannot speed this process up! I am ready to have my present and be holding them in my arms.

Hopefully this year our boys will be celebrating Christmas with us! They will be the best presents we have ever received.  (But of course this girl won't complain if they are sharing our table for Turkey Day either....)

I hope you are having a fabulous week!

Lura

3 comments:

  1. No wonder you and I get along so well. I pester Dave about my presents too! Except he's more impervious than Bobby and never gives them to me early or tells me what they are or where they are hidden :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have to perfect the pouty-lip Sam-Bam! :)

    ReplyDelete