We arrived on Wednesday at five pm. The flight was uneventful, we were just trying to stay awake. We stayed up way too late and got up way to early the night before. But our apartment is all packed up and ready for our friends to move on the 14th :) We have some pretty amazing friends!
When we arrived we were greeted by Toni, our attorney, and her brother Marty, who is our driver. I was so happy to see them...it meant we were finally back in Bulgaria!!!
We checked into the Budapest hotel, and started unpacking all of our bags and separating everything out for our travels. We packed an Ikea bag full of stuff for each orphanage and put all of the presents together for the staff. For the staff members we brought Happy Hippos from Germany, Jelly Bellys from California, and Bath and Body Works from America. My Mom was awesome enough to ship us all of the Bath and Body works since they stopped shipping to APOs. :(
We ordered pizza to the room and packed up a small suitcase with 4 outfits for each of them and us to take on our adventures. The rest of the clothes and toys we left here at the hotel in their storage.
About 10 pm Bobby went to sleep and I tried. I tossed and turned until 3 am....getting up at 5:30 am hurt.
But we met Marty and Dani (our translator for this trip) downstairs bright and early and got in the car to go. About halfway through the trip we stopped at a McDonalds for brunch. Bobby ate a burger, and I ate a few fries.
Then we went to Burgas to grab our son. The drive seems so much longer then last time!!!
When we pulled up to the orphanage my heart stopped. I really had to stop my self from crying. I was so so excited. Bobby reached over and squeezed my hand at the perfect moment and I was able to pull myself together.
We walked up the stairs, through the door, and into the room where we played together back in June. We sat on the familiar couch, and waited. One of the Nannys came into the room and asked for his clothes that we brought for him to wear. Dani kept trying to start conversations with us, but we couldn't keep it going. She asked if we had any questions and we were both awestruck and unable to come up with any. She said, it is okay - I know what to ask...she has been doing this since 1999. :)
We heard him squeal and knew that he must be on his way! Within moments they opened the door and in walked our son. Our gorgeous son. I wish we would have snapped a picture but someone was just holding the camera :) It's okay, I didn't think to remind him either :) But I'll blame him anyways :)
He stood at the door a little uncertainly and just stared at us with a huge smile on his face. Then he walked over and sat between us. :) He put a hand on each of our legs and just kept staring at us and then at his nannies.
Then they showed us where he has lived for the past 7 years. He still slept in a crib, and his crib was in the middle of the room. There was a small room next to it that was lined with small potties (where the rest of the children were currently sitting). Then there was a separate room for play. Bobby commented on how clean the room looked and how it looked like they never played in there. I think they cleaned it up because they knew we were coming :)
Then we went into the hallway and said our good-byes. Two of the Nannies seems sad to see him go. One was close to tears but kept saying she was happy that he has a Mama and a Papa and that he was going to America.
We left the orphanage and went to check into the hotel. Bobby pulled out the Megablocks and they had a little bit of fun :)
They asked us if we wanted to go to the beach, and of course I said yes. It was awesome to be able to show George the beautiful Black Sea. He loved it!
After our trip to the beach we went back to the hotel and ate dinner. He loves grilled cheese sandwiches, cucumbers and tomatoes. Sorry for the blurriness of the photos.
After dinner we went back up to our room and played. Then we took a bath. I had to teach him to sit down in the bath, and then showed him how to splash and he was in heaven. We also put some Megablocks in there so he'd have some toys. Needless to say I got soaked.
Then we got ready for bed and read a story. We put him in bed with us and put on Cars on the laptop. He watched it for about ten minutes and then fell asleep. He slept through the night, like a trooper.
Lura
When we arrived we were greeted by Toni, our attorney, and her brother Marty, who is our driver. I was so happy to see them...it meant we were finally back in Bulgaria!!!
We checked into the Budapest hotel, and started unpacking all of our bags and separating everything out for our travels. We packed an Ikea bag full of stuff for each orphanage and put all of the presents together for the staff. For the staff members we brought Happy Hippos from Germany, Jelly Bellys from California, and Bath and Body Works from America. My Mom was awesome enough to ship us all of the Bath and Body works since they stopped shipping to APOs. :(
We ordered pizza to the room and packed up a small suitcase with 4 outfits for each of them and us to take on our adventures. The rest of the clothes and toys we left here at the hotel in their storage.
About 10 pm Bobby went to sleep and I tried. I tossed and turned until 3 am....getting up at 5:30 am hurt.
But we met Marty and Dani (our translator for this trip) downstairs bright and early and got in the car to go. About halfway through the trip we stopped at a McDonalds for brunch. Bobby ate a burger, and I ate a few fries.
Then we went to Burgas to grab our son. The drive seems so much longer then last time!!!
| Meet George Thomas Jepson! |
When we pulled up to the orphanage my heart stopped. I really had to stop my self from crying. I was so so excited. Bobby reached over and squeezed my hand at the perfect moment and I was able to pull myself together.
We walked up the stairs, through the door, and into the room where we played together back in June. We sat on the familiar couch, and waited. One of the Nannys came into the room and asked for his clothes that we brought for him to wear. Dani kept trying to start conversations with us, but we couldn't keep it going. She asked if we had any questions and we were both awestruck and unable to come up with any. She said, it is okay - I know what to ask...she has been doing this since 1999. :)
We heard him squeal and knew that he must be on his way! Within moments they opened the door and in walked our son. Our gorgeous son. I wish we would have snapped a picture but someone
He stood at the door a little uncertainly and just stared at us with a huge smile on his face. Then he walked over and sat between us. :) He put a hand on each of our legs and just kept staring at us and then at his nannies.
| Standing in front of his crib where he slept. |
| Pointing his crib out to his Mama |
| He was really close to this Nanny! She was giving him love and telling him to enjoy America! |
| blowing Papa kisses! |
| This is the playroom (connected to where the cribs are) where he played. He was waving at Mama! |
| One final hug :) |
| He just wanted to hold our hands. |
Then we went into the hallway and said our good-byes. Two of the Nannies seems sad to see him go. One was close to tears but kept saying she was happy that he has a Mama and a Papa and that he was going to America.
We left the orphanage and went to check into the hotel. Bobby pulled out the Megablocks and they had a little bit of fun :)
They asked us if we wanted to go to the beach, and of course I said yes. It was awesome to be able to show George the beautiful Black Sea. He loved it!
After our trip to the beach we went back to the hotel and ate dinner. He loves grilled cheese sandwiches, cucumbers and tomatoes. Sorry for the blurriness of the photos.
After dinner we went back up to our room and played. Then we took a bath. I had to teach him to sit down in the bath, and then showed him how to splash and he was in heaven. We also put some Megablocks in there so he'd have some toys. Needless to say I got soaked.
Then we got ready for bed and read a story. We put him in bed with us and put on Cars on the laptop. He watched it for about ten minutes and then fell asleep. He slept through the night, like a trooper.
He is super awesome and I am so glad that he is with us :) We hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving, we sure did!
Love,
Lura
No comments:
Post a Comment