Our Journey

December 19, 2011

A beautiful weekend!

(no mention of our adoption will be made in this blog -- so you can skip this posting if that is what you enjoy reading about...no hard feelings!)

:)

Saturday morning we got up early to prepare for our adventure to the Valkenburg Caves in the Netherlands.  The Valkenburg Caves is a Dutch Christmas Market that everyone mentions when you tell them that you LOVE Christmas markets.  Bobby and I have been talking about going for the entire 3 years we have been here, we just now finally made it.

Bobby's new hat, and sweater and my new hat!
We got up a little bit earlier to chat with my Mom and Kenny on Skype and to open our Christmas boxes a little early.  See my Mom always sends us a pair of gloves and a hat.  Bobby was in need of these before mentioned items on our trip, so Mom said we could open our presents early! :) So we got on Skype, and the spoiling began!   She bought Bobby a new Cardinals hoodie (I can honestly say, this may be his favorite present ever!), and me a Nook touch screen.  I couldn't wait to get home to start playing with my new toy, but alas we had to get on the road.
How to entertain 3 boys in the backseat -- Cosmo :) Although some of them didn't know who Adele was....:(

We ended up going with 11 other people (so three cars carpooled up there), and we had a blast.  When we hit Belgium there was snow everywhere (it was beautiful), but once we hit the Netherlands the snow disappeared.  See Germany this year hasn't really had a snow (it snowed the most today, but it didn't stick), which is a drastic difference compared to our first 2 winters here.
Our first sighting of snow in Belgium!

The drive was a little less then 3 hours, and Bobby was a trooper and drove us the whole way so I could sleep :)  Did I mention how early we had to wake up for this adventure?

When we got there we got an amazing parking spot that was FREE and just up the street from the entrance to the caves! I was super impressed -- normally we hike quite a way to any attraction that we go to and have to pay to park!


Entrance to the Caves -- aka Santa's home.









The caves are where Santa lives and  where his elves work.  Also they are where Lura can drool over all of the pretty things!  Please see the previous post before asking if I bought anything... :( 

Our trip was fun, and I am so glad that we went! :)  If you really want to come to Germany -- you should totally come visit during the Christmas Market season :)

Love,

Lura

















No comments:

Post a Comment