Our Journey

December 10, 2011

Daughtry

"So who is Chris Daughtry," Bobby said on the way to the concert. I pushed cd selection 2 on our car and said, "this guy," as I shook my head.  He then said, "oh, I hate this cd...." Gotta love husbands :) But Bobby is amazing and went to the concert with me, just another reason why I love him!  I also love Daughtry (not in the same way though...) and am so grateful that he took a tour for the troops and came to Ramstein tonight for a free concert! It was awesome! My ears are still ringing....

During the concert I kept thinking that I wish our kids were home with us so that they could come too.   We know that Gia loves to dance, and I could see her in my head swaying to the music! There were so many families there, sometimes it just hurts to know that paperwork is stopping us from completing ours.  On our car ride home, I shared with Bobby how my heart aches sometimes when I think about all the things we are doing without them.  He told me he doesn't think about the things they aren't doing with us, but all of the amazing adventures that we are going to share together when they get home! I am going to try to take my husband's outlook, and stop looking at the things they are missing, but look towards the adventures that we will have!

Today we went to the BX to look at bedroom furniture for them.  I am ready to start decorating their rooms, and slowly start setting them up.  I want the spare room to start looking like a kids room now! Crazily we agreed on bed room sets, I can't wait to go order them.  We will be ordering them shortly after the first of the year since it can take months for stuff to arrive here.  We tossed around the idea of buying their frames off base, but then they will be Euro bed sizes, and not American bed sizes -- and that will be a big pain in the behind when buying sheets once we are back in the states. 

We also completed all of our commitment documents and dossier documents (only two left that we can't do until we get a few more things completed), and are going to put them in the mail on Monday! I am so excited to be moving forward -- I just wish I could fast forward a few months and be in Bulgaria meeting our children!

I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

Love,

Lura

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Daughtry!! Im so jealous you got to see him in concert. That makes me want to get Jeremy to enlist! lol

    Laura

    ReplyDelete