Mondays and I sometimes do not get along....
Sometimes when the alarm (aka Bobby) wakes me up on Monday morning -- I fight with him and try to convince him that it is still the weekend....then when I lose that battle I ask him for just five more minutes of sleep...then when he comes back I ask for just five more minutes.....
This Monday was one of those Mondays....
I didn't have time to make breakfast this morning -- due to my above fight with hoping it was not Monday....
This morning on our way to work Bobby rear-ended a car...but thankfully there was no damage, we exchanged information and went on our way....In his defense, we were going less then 5mph when we hit....
When I dropped him off at work and drove to my work -- the rain started coming down side-ways, the wind picked up and my umbrella was futile.
So I made a great decision....I walked over to JR Rockers and had a breakfast burrito. I read a magazine, had a pop, and relaxed....
Then I went to work refreshed!
And since you do not want to spend the next hour reading a play-by-play of my day I will give you the short version....
Bobby and I went and got 13 documents notarized (hip-hip-hooray), went to the bank for a cashier's check for $720 for USCIS, mailed our USCIS paperwork to Shelley (our adoption helper), and prepaid for the envelopes that we need to mail to my brother tomorrow. We have one more document to notarize tomorrow then it is on its way to my brother in D.C.
After these documents make it to D.C. and get apostilled they will be mailed to Shelley. Then she will be sending our Bulgarian Commitment documents to Bulgaria to the agency there.
We are waiting on our final copy of our home study, and 5 documents to be notarized by our social worker -- then they need to be sent to be apostilled as well. Then our finalized, notarized home study will be mailed with the USCIS documents I mailed Shelley today to the U.S. government and we will waitanxiously very patiently for our golden ticket.
The golden ticket in the adoption world is the approval from immigration that we can bring our children back to the U.S. and once they touch U.S. soil they will automatically become United States' Citizens!!!
We are waiting. But after tomorrow everything will be in some one else's hands, and I will have to be patient that they are also working as quickly as they most possibly can!
Pray, put positive thoughts in the air, and hope that our home study gets finalized this week, and we get everything notarized from the Social Worker that needs to be notarized by Friday (this is my personal, but possibly unrealistic goal). Also, that we can save $943 from our next pay checks so that we can hit our $12,000 goal by the end of year to have our adoption fees fully funded. Also, that all of our paperwork goes super smoothly, and as quickly/efficiently as possible.
I'm hoping that Monday went by smoothly for you! My day definitely got better, I just needed to put things in perspective. Every day I am one day closer to meeting my son and daughter. Every breath I take is one breath closer to holding them in my arms. They are always close to my thoughts, and everyday they grow a little more in my heart!
Love,
Lura
Sometimes when the alarm (aka Bobby) wakes me up on Monday morning -- I fight with him and try to convince him that it is still the weekend....then when I lose that battle I ask him for just five more minutes of sleep...then when he comes back I ask for just five more minutes.....
This Monday was one of those Mondays....
I didn't have time to make breakfast this morning -- due to my above fight with hoping it was not Monday....
This morning on our way to work Bobby rear-ended a car...but thankfully there was no damage, we exchanged information and went on our way....In his defense, we were going less then 5mph when we hit....
When I dropped him off at work and drove to my work -- the rain started coming down side-ways, the wind picked up and my umbrella was futile.
So I made a great decision....I walked over to JR Rockers and had a breakfast burrito. I read a magazine, had a pop, and relaxed....
Then I went to work refreshed!
And since you do not want to spend the next hour reading a play-by-play of my day I will give you the short version....
Bobby and I went and got 13 documents notarized (hip-hip-hooray), went to the bank for a cashier's check for $720 for USCIS, mailed our USCIS paperwork to Shelley (our adoption helper), and prepaid for the envelopes that we need to mail to my brother tomorrow. We have one more document to notarize tomorrow then it is on its way to my brother in D.C.
After these documents make it to D.C. and get apostilled they will be mailed to Shelley. Then she will be sending our Bulgarian Commitment documents to Bulgaria to the agency there.
We are waiting on our final copy of our home study, and 5 documents to be notarized by our social worker -- then they need to be sent to be apostilled as well. Then our finalized, notarized home study will be mailed with the USCIS documents I mailed Shelley today to the U.S. government and we will wait
The golden ticket in the adoption world is the approval from immigration that we can bring our children back to the U.S. and once they touch U.S. soil they will automatically become United States' Citizens!!!
We are waiting. But after tomorrow everything will be in some one else's hands, and I will have to be patient that they are also working as quickly as they most possibly can!
Pray, put positive thoughts in the air, and hope that our home study gets finalized this week, and we get everything notarized from the Social Worker that needs to be notarized by Friday (this is my personal, but possibly unrealistic goal). Also, that we can save $943 from our next pay checks so that we can hit our $12,000 goal by the end of year to have our adoption fees fully funded. Also, that all of our paperwork goes super smoothly, and as quickly/efficiently as possible.
I'm hoping that Monday went by smoothly for you! My day definitely got better, I just needed to put things in perspective. Every day I am one day closer to meeting my son and daughter. Every breath I take is one breath closer to holding them in my arms. They are always close to my thoughts, and everyday they grow a little more in my heart!
Love,
Lura
No comments:
Post a Comment