Our Journey

December 8, 2011

Our Bulgarian Prince and Princess are just waiting for us!

Bobby and I are working through the paperwork as quickly as possible.  Currently we are waiting on others to complete their portion of things, so that we can do our part and then mail everything off. 

If everything progresses perfectly, and as quickly as possible, we still will not be bringing our kids home until late spring/summer at the earliest....I wish we could bring them home today! I wish they were already here!!!!  But we do have to follow all of the processes and make it through all of the red tape...

I just wanted to take a few moments to answer a few questions that we have received.

Gio and Gia are not their real names.  They are their "adoption" names to keep their identities secure.  Their names are beautiful, and we will share them in time, but right now we have our Prince Geo and our Princess Gia.  We have also been asked if we are going to change their names when we adopt them.  We strongly believe that they are old enough to know their name and recognize their  name in written format.  We have toyed around with the idea of making their Bulgarian first names their Amerian middle names and giving them a new first name - but it just feels wrong.  Most likely we will keep their first names, give them new middle names, and our last name.  But we are waiting until we meet them to make the final decision :)

Also, they are not twins.  Yes they are adorable, and cute, and look very similar but they are a little over a year apart.  Geo just turned 6 in November, and Gia is 7.

We do not know a whole lot about their personality.  Gia appears to be more girly -- but that is just from pictures (and that could be from the way they dress her...who knows).  They are both doing well in their separate orphanages, and that is all we can ask for!

Someone also asked us how we are doing financially.  We are doing pretty good, honestly!  We are $950.00 away from the amount we need to pay the rest of our agency fees.  If you remember from a few blog posts ago, our goal was to be able to pay the rest of the agency fees by the end of the year -- and if we pinch our pockets just a tad bit more, we can do it!  After the $12,000 we still need $800 for Visas, about $200 for medical, and then just airfare/food/lodging while in country.  We are estimating we need to save about $7,000 more to be fully funded.  We are definitely on the downward slope, thanks to family, friends and strangers who have been assisting us along the way!!! Plus we can say that we have all the funds that are needed to keep pushing forward, and we have been blessed enough to not have to wait for money to come through before proceeding at any step during this process. We also will need a little bit for going to the states, and getting their birth certificate, passports etc....but we'll make it!

Bobby just walked in the door from class, so I am going to cut this blog short, and call it a night!

Happy Thursday!

Lura

p.s. if you have any questions ask away!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm also in the Air Force, stationed in Wyoming, and I'm also adopting a sibling group - boy and girl the same age as yours - from Bulgaria. I would love to talk more with you and compare notes! I would love for you to contact me at autemin at hotmail dot com, or if you want I can give you my AF email, which I check on weekdays :) How exciting for you. I saw your blog earlier, and I was hoping you were adopting Gia and Gio!! I look forward to talking to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!! I just about died when I saw who you are bringing home! My family looked into adopting them last year but we committed to a 9 year old girl instead. SO happy they are going home! They are precious and so, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete